- Specialist physics tutor in Epping, Sydney-
Fathoming Physics offers expert HSC, preliminary and physics olympiad tuition with Dr. Tammy Humphrey, an experienced PhD. qualified teacher.
Information for January intensives and term 1 2017
- A January "catch-up" intensive on Motors and Generators for new students will be run by my tutor, Kevin, over five evenings, 4-7pm Mon 23rd to Fri 27th January (the last week of the school holidays).
- HSC classes will run on Thursdays & Fridays 5:15-7:15pm in term 1. These classes will cover the topic "Ideas to Implementation" and include revision of the first two topics "Space" and "Motors and Generators".
Note: The Friday class is now full. There are still a few places available in the Thursday class.
- Additional classes focusing on revision for year 12 mid-year exams will be run by my tutor Patrick on Sundays in term 1. The time for this class will be finalised during December.
Preliminary (Year 11) classes
- New year 11 classes will begin with an intensive on "The World Communicates" topic in January 2017. There will be five evening classes, 5:15-7:15pm Mon 16th to Fri 20th, and an extended (4 hour) class on Saturday 21st January, 1-5pm.
- Year 11 classes will run during term 1 on Mondays and Tuesdays 5:15-7:15pm, and will cover the topic "Moving About".
Year 9/10 Extension and Physics Olympiad classes
- This class, which began in term 4 last year, is designed for advanced students who enjoy maths and physics. These classes cover the material in the new (2018) year 11 syllabus, as well as additional material to prepare for the Australian Physics Olympiad exam. In term 1 we will be covering waves and some thermodynamics. Equal emphasis is placed upon theory and practical work. Students who are interested in joining this class should contact me.